What's new
Jun 27, 2012
Credits
I've recently just joined the server. It has been extremely nice. The community is nice and the plugins are awesome. However, there is something bad with the server.

The bad thing is the fact that the map constantly resets. I heard the admins do it "To promote more pvp". Well, you may do that and you may not. You'll cause people to go into hiding to gather and build bases YET AGAIN. Also, all the hard work they put into the server will vanish. Map resetting basically just causes people to leave and gets people angry. Why? It is because they put so much effort into the game and suddenly the map is reset. You can't build anything nice or build a big fortified base for pvp invasions. I for one, even though I've only been in the server for 2 - 3 days, don't like map resets because I have a clan and I was planning on bringing it here. NO ONE likes map resets that much unless they don't bother to build anything decent for pvp or bother gathering for pvp.

Basically, to sum it up, map resets are bad in several ways:

- Causes people to rage and leave your server because they lost hard earned stuff.
- Causes people to go back into hiding to re-gather materials and build bases.
- May promote a little bit of pvp in the beginning, but then everything just stops in the middle because everyone wants to build a base.
- Constant map resets will just make people leave because they want bases that are permanent.

I think I speak for a ton of people on the server that are still on and for those that left that we should just STOP map resetting!!!! It ruins the server!!!!! It causes people to get angry/annoyed and/or leave! I've been told by several people in-game that they don't like the map resets however the admins think everyone wants constant map resets. Everyone, just host your opinion out loud right now! Tell them what you truly feel about map resets (Whether you like them or you don't)! Stop hiding cause they are admins! Admins aren't demons that will ban you if you disagree or voice your opinion with how they are working the server.

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
It is not to promote more PvP (Though with the things that are added, it will do anyway)

- Map resets are needed if you want to keep up to date with new items and other things from updates, like the structures and emeralds and stuff. People will join, rage and leave the server when they can't get emeralds or find structures. The server has had many resets before and it's always at a time where a reset is needed. If we do reset, it is needed.

-It causes people to go back into hiding for a little while, but it doesn't really matter as it's not permanent and people still interact.

-Same point as before, this really doesn't stop PvP from happening, people always have something to do anyway.

-Map resets are not constant, maps are reset when map resets are needed.

I understand it sucks losing your items or a base, but to make the server run as intended and to bring new features both that we want to add and that will be added in the update, map resets have to happen. Some people are for a reset, some people are against a reset, the admins aren't resetting the map because players have asked them to anyway. For a final time, it's not constant, the map is reset only when it needs to be, we don't just go and decide to reset it because a player asks us to. We understand you don't like it but we also understand what needs to be done.

Jun 27, 2012
Credits
I dont mind if its for 1.3 and important stuff like that, just not if its what i heard which is promoting pvp or just map resets every 1 month for no real reason except for a new map.