What's new

Kim Kardashian Threatened to Sue Roblox Over a Fake Sex Tape Game

Kim Kardashian threatened to sue Roblox after a game claiming to offer an unreleased sex tape appeared on the platform.

Roblox, a gaming platform with countless player-made games, featured one that used Kardashian's face as clickbait while claiming to have unseen footage of a sex tape featuring the star.

On the latest episode of The Kardashians, as reported by Polygon, Kardashian's six-year-old son Saint saw the advertisement and showed it to his mother, who later said "I have all the time, all the money, and all the resources to burn them all to the f**king ground."

"I have all the time, all the money, and all the resources to burn them all to the f**king ground."

Roblox has since banned the developer of the game and denied its platform ever featured the sex tape.

A spokesperson said: "The referenced video was never available on our platform. We have strict moderation and policies to protect our community, including zero tolerance for sexual content of any kind which violates our community rules.

"The text reference to the tape that got around our filters was quickly taken down and fortunately visible only to an extremely small number of people on the platform. We also swiftly took down the associated experience and banned the community developer involved with the incident."

Kardashian described the incident to her ex-husband Kanye West in the episode, saying: "It's not okay, it's not, on Roblox. Saint was on Roblox yesterday and a f**king thing popped up, and he started laughing and was like 'mommy look', and it was a picture of my cry face. It was a game that someone made on Roblox and it said 'Kim's New Sex Tape' when you clicked on it."

It's far from the game's first controversy. Roblox was sued for $200 million last year over unauthorized song use, has seen a user banned and sued for posting terrorist threats, and has notably seen a number of mass shooting recreations hosted. Roblox Corporation rolled out an ID verification service to help protect younger users.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelancer who occasionally remembers to tweet @thelastdinsdale. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Thumbnail Image Credit: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for ABA

Continue reading...