What's new

If you like gaming..

Valetino

Level 25
Jul 5, 2011
Credits
http://youtu.be/bJ6uMZMRR2s?t=5s

The voice reminds me of this sketch Lee Evans did.

Graphics are great, but I would guess this way of making graphics would take so much longer to do.

I always preferred plot and game play which game makers seem to miss out on now and just cater to the large amount of people that want realistic graphics rather than game play:/

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
http://youtu.be/bJ6uMZMRR2s?t=5s

The voice reminds me of this sketch Lee Evans did.

Graphics are great, but I would guess this way of making graphics would take so much longer to do.

I always preferred plot and game play which game makers seem to miss out on now and just cater to the large amount of people that want realistic graphics rather than game play:/

Which is why you play Minecraft with an amazing plot and graphics >.<

Valetino

Level 25
Jul 5, 2011
Credits
Cub are you suggesting that is a silly comment to make if I play Minecraft? or am I being paraniod..agianD:

Minecraft has game play.

When I say about graphics, I am on about like GTA SA/VC normally is seen as the best GTA made so far, GTA 4 is normally seen as just done for graphics, no one likes the game play or story, just fun in death matches online to run around a realistic city killing each other.

There are games like MGS where plot, game play and graphics are improved during time, but it is rare that games now a days have graphics like GTA 4 or AC as well as a plot or good game play:/

FF7 = Good

FFs that were made for next gen consoles = Terrible games (partly down to some of the team that made the older FFs leaving)

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
I don't think it'll take designers much longer to complete, but it will require a next generation system to run it, we probably wont be seeing these atoms being used in any games until the systems that can run them are economically viable.

That being said, it's nice to see technology advancing like that.

Valetino

Level 25
Jul 5, 2011
Credits
I am thinking that with this thing it is a case of putting each atom in place rather than just using like the wire way(Tech speak:p)

I wouldn't want to see Minecraft like this as I like Minecraft for being so simple looking, I mean blocks that look like a realistic looking square piece of grass would be weird:/

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
nVidia is claiming they will have video cards capable of procedurally generated smoke, and real-time ray tracing at 60FPS within the next five years.

Also they are claiming in the same time that graphics cards will be able to handle 3D models with polygons smaller than a pixel so apparently Anti-Aliasing will be outdated

Valetino

Level 25
Jul 5, 2011
Credits
I guess this isn't really the first time people have shown/offered amazing graphics, it is just having something that can run it.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I would say about 2-3 generations away, according to my previous post:

nVidia is claiming they will have video cards capable of procedurally generated smoke, and real-time ray tracing at 60FPS within the next five years.

Also they are claiming in the same time that graphics cards will be able to handle 3D models with polygons smaller than a pixel so apparently Anti-Aliasing will be outdated

Also..

you would need like a 22 core computer to run that...with 15.5 gigahertz of ram xD

Lol, Fail

Surprisingly, Processors are becoming less important in the grand scheme of things, with Graphics cards getting so powerful, I see developers starting to use CUDA/PhysX/OpenCL/DirectCompute/Whateverothersillyname to offload basically everything but the basics from the CPU to the GPU.

Actually you can see it happening now with Intel and AMD both going the route of combining the CPU and GPU.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
I would say about 2-3 generations away, according to my previous post:

Also..

Lol, Fail

Surprisingly, Processors are becoming less important in the grand scheme of things, with Graphics cards getting so powerful, I see developers starting to use CUDA/PhysX/OpenCL/DirectCompute/Whateverothersillyname to offload basically everything but the basics from the CPU to the GPU.

Actually you can see it happening now with Intel and AMD both going the route of combining the CPU and GPU.

2e5e7952790b9baff7710506ab96aa1b