What's new

Halo's Creator Offers a Gorgeous Glimpse of Halo In Unreal Engine 4

Macus Lehto, co-creator of Halo, has given fans a look at what the original Halo: Combat Evolved might have looked like if it had come out in 2021. The image, which was made using 3DS Max and Unreal Engine 4, features Master Chief, the Warthog, weapons, and the iconic Halo ring itself.

Imagining what Arriving on Halo might look like today.

I've had so much fun rebuilding the original Warthog, Mark V, and MA5B Assault Rifle after 20 years.

This universe will always be a part of me.#Halo #MasterChief #Warthog pic.twitter.com/6E9woPdVko

— Marcus Lehto (@game_fabricator) September 29, 2021

Lehto also showed off a shot of Chief from the back, showing that he included the easter egg of his initials on the bottom of Chief's right foot.

In case anyone questioned my attention to detail, I didn't forget the Easter egg. ;) pic.twitter.com/BrZhEG44VL

— Marcus Lehto (@game_fabricator) September 29, 2021

Lehto was a longtime art director with Bungie, who developed the original Halo trilogy, as well as Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach. Lehto was the director on Halo Reach. He later formed V1 Interactive, which released FPS title Disintegration in 2020. Earlier this year, the studio shut down.

Recently, Lehto also took to Twitter to show off unused weapon assets from the original Halo, including a microwave gun, a particle beam rifle, and more.

It's a big year for Halo fans. We're less than three months out from the launch of Halo Infinite, the next entry in the series from 343. For more, check out our Halo Infinite multiplayer impressions from this past weekend's test flight. You can also watch our in-depth interview with Lehto, where he talks all things Halo.

Logan Plant is a freelance writer for IGN. You can find him on Twitter @LoganJPlant.

Continue reading...