What's new

Gotham Knights Will Only Run at 30 FPS and Will Offer No Performance Mode on Consoles

When Gotham Knights arrives on consoles on October 21, it will do so with no performance mode and it will run at only 30 FPS.

As spotted by those like Wario64 on Twitter, the news was shared by Gotham Knights executive producer Fleur "Flaoua" Marty in the game's Discord channel, and she wanted to take the time to address this question for console players.

"I know many of you are wondering about the availability of a performance mode for Gotham Knights on consoles," Marty wrote. "Due to the types of features we have in our game, like providing a fully untethered co-op experience in our highly detailed open-world, it's not as straightforward as lowering the resolution and getting a higher FPS. For this reason, our game does not have a performance/quality toggle option and will run at 30FPS on consoles."

This news follows the announcement of Gotham Knights' Heroic Assault mode, which will be a free four-player co-op mode that will launch on November 29, 2022. Despite there being four heroes - Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing, and Red Hood - Gotham Knights' campaign only supports single-player or two-player co-op. This new mode will give four friends the chance to take on arena-based challenges and see how all four heroes can work together to take down Gotham's criminals.

In our Gotham Knights final preview, we said that it "is not an easy game to demo, and while I walked away from my hands-on time less than impressed with many aspects of combat, I still found myself interested in playing more."

For more, check out why Gotham Knights created an older, wiser, more dangerous Harley Quinn and our thoughts from our first preview of the game back in August.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to newstips@ign.com.

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...