What's new

Fans Honor Kevin Conroy by Remembering Their Favorite Batman: The Animated Series Episodes

Following the death of Kevin Conroy, the voice actor who starred as Batman in Batman: The Animated Series, the Arkham series of games and more, fans have taken to Twitter to share their favorite work by Conroy.

In response to a Tweet by IGN earlier today, fans began sharing their favorite episodes of The Animated Series in rememberance of the actor.

Some fans remembered Conroy for his performance in the show's serious episodes, like "The Forgotten," which one fan called "pretty heavy":

S1E23. While investigating the disappearances of Gotham's homeless population, Bruce Wayne is kidnapped and, suffering from amnesia, is imprisoned in a chain gang.
I watched this episode again with maturity and it's is pretty heavy. pic.twitter.com/ZlC6XeIUUH

— DashxRendar (@israelxsoriano) November 11, 2022

And "I Am the Night," which developed one of the show's key relationships:

I Am the Night great story that shows how much Gordon means to Bruce pic.twitter.com/X4GybRxf1T

— Gaming Journeys (@JourneysGaming) November 11, 2022

Other fans remembered Conroy for the show's lighthearted moments, like the maze scene in "If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?":

If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?, I have always loved thar episode the dynamic between Riddler and Batman in it is incredible!

Plus that scene in the minotaur's maze is just so much fun 🐂 pic.twitter.com/0zSdDuYiIs

— Dan Webb (@JournoManDan) November 11, 2022

And, of course, some devoted fans just couldn't pick a favorite episode:

All of them pic.twitter.com/XHiIPruYsq

— THuggins (@Daddy_Sauce) November 11, 2022

Diane Pershing, who starred as Poison Ivy in the Animated Series alongside Conroy, announced that Conroy had died yesterday in a Facebook post.

"He's been ill for a while but he really put in a lot of time at the cons, to the joy of all of his fans," Pershing said in the post. "He will be sorely missed not just by the cast of the series but by his legion of fans all over the world."

Amelia Zollner is a freelance writer at IGN who loves all things indie and Nintendo. Outside of IGN, they've contributed to sites like Polygon and Rock Paper Shotgun. Find them on Twitter: @ameliazollner.

Continue reading...