Not open for further replies.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Position Wanted [Admin/Moderator]: Moderator

Minecraft Name: erskew

Timezone: CST

Relevant Experience: Though I have not had the experience of running or moderating a Minecraft server before, I do have multiple things that would make me qualified for such a position. This includes the fact that I have co-led or led many guilds in World of Warcraft, some who had up to 100 members, with an astounding 10 members on at any given time with events reaching 20 members (the guild was a roleplaying guild, meaning that 20 people was a LOT). Another thing is that I have basic knowledge of java right now that is constantly expanding, which could have multiple uses for the server. As a fourth reason, I am extremely active and on am on at times when other admins/moderators may not be (and I usually see a spammer at this time). Finally, I am able to keep track of multiple conversations going on at once, so when multiple members are asking a moderator to do something (which seems to happen at least once a day), I will be able to handle it.

I hope that this is an adequate and worthy application, and am sorry that I cannot provide screenshots at the moment. If proof is needed for what I understand with java though, I will provide it. Thank you for reading this application.

Extra Information: As a final reason that I feel would be useful information, I will say that I've been to many Minecraft servers before, but this is the only one I've ever liked playing on. Likewise, I have great pride in this server (the very reason for me writing this application). As far as I'm concerned, this is the only good server out there. I will point out that I also have almost memorized the rules and conditions of those rules, so I can recognize when someone is breaking them, and deal with it as is necessary. While many applications have stated that they have some kind of moderator or leadership experience, I feel that none of them have actually satisfactory proof of what a Moderator (or Admin) is required to do and handle, which is why I would like to give you proof that I understand such. A Moderator must be mature, and understand the rules and be willing to give punishments to those who break them. Also, a Moderator must be willing to do tasks needed to keep the server stable, lag-free, and constantly growing, whether the task is a quick and easy one, or long and grueling. As a final reason to this post that may be dragging on, I will say that I enjoy helping others, and would love to be a moderator. I apologize for the wall of text, and that this information is late, and I hope that it is useful to those looking at this application.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
What experience do you have with the current core plugins. Even if this is just the in game commands i'd like to know. A lot of people ask questions concerning factions and iConomy. Do you feel comfortable with these?

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
With factions, I'm familiar with just about every command out there. With iConomy, I am not entirely sure, as all I can think of is the money system, the command for it, and purchasing with signs. I do also understand that the signs tend to break, but other than that, nothing. If there was a way to find out every command (kind of like /f help [number]), I could quickly learn every command for it, and what each one does.

Edit: Overall, I am unfamiliar, but I will put in the time (as stated above, I'm a quick learner so it will be a short amount of time) to make sure that I understand each plugin.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
@erskew

When faced with the following scenario what would you do;

Someone you trust, a long time player of our server has been fighting with an opponent who is new. The old player accuses the new one of hacking. No one else saw the event.

• Please send your answer in a personal message to me, Dannie.

Status
Not open for further replies.