What's new

Dr. Dre Reportedly Making New Music For Grand Theft Auto

Leave it to Snoop Dogg to deliver some of the biggest news of the day. Snoop Dogg says Dr. Dre is working on new music for an upcoming Grand Theft Auto game.

Snoop Dogg revealed the news while as a guest on the Rolling Stone Music Now Podcast. In an episode that will air on Friday Snoop said, "I do know [Dr. Dre] is in the studio... I do know he's making great f***ing music. And some of his music is connected to the GTA game that's coming out. So I think that that will be the way that his music will be released, through the GTA video game."

In an article published on Wednesday, Rolling Stone says a representative for Rockstar Games declined to comment.

There is a chance Snoop Dogg could be referring to the recently announced Grand Theft Auto trilogy remaster. Dr. Dre was featured on the radio stations in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but those were previously-released songs.

Rockstar hasn't yet talked about how much of the original radio station music has been licensed for the new versions of the games or if any of the music has been replaced.

Or maybe Snoop Dogg is referring to the "expanded and enhanced" GTA Online that was originally announced to debut with the next-gen versions of Grand Theft Auto 5, but those next-gen versions have been delayed.

Rockstar added new music features to GTA Online in summer 2021. Collecting "Media Sticks" in GTA Online unlocks new music for your vehicle radio stations, including music that hasn't been released outside of GTA Online. Maybe new music from Dr. Dre will be available first in a future update of GTA Online.

Or did Snoop Dogg just reveal Grand Theft Auto 6? We can only hope.

Snoop Dogg is, of course, an expert gamer and professional Twitch streamer. But this slip of the tongue could be a sign of what's to come of one of the biggest gaming franchises in history. But somebody needs to tell Rockstar that people don't want to hear about Grand Theft Auto 5 anymore.

Check out the PC requirements for the Grand Theft Auto trilogy, which will launch on November 11.

Petey Oneto is a freelance writer for IGN.

Continue reading...