What's new

Deathloop's Devs Say There's One More Big Secret Left To Discover

Deathloop level designer Julien Eveillé has said that there's still one more major secret in the game that fans are yet to find.

There's a lot of ground to cover in Deathloop. The game is spread out across four different areas that can each be accessed during four different time periods. If that's not enough, players' experiences of the story manifest in various ways depending upon the different scenarios you set up along the way. While the internet has been pretty relentless in its efforts to uncover Blackreef's many hidden depths since the game's release last month, tweets from Eveillé suggest that there's still one big secret left for someone to uncover.

"I know for a fact the Internet didn't find everything hidden in Deathloop so far," says Eveillé. "There's still one secret thing I want someone to discover."

I know for a fact the Internet didn't find everything hidden in Deathloop so far. There's still one secret thing I want someone to discover. 🤭

— Julien Eveillé (@PATALOON) October 6, 2021

Solving the mystery, however, might not be as straightforward as just exploring Deathloop's various regions. After all, if it was, people would have likely found it by now. Responding to a fan's query regarding the nature of the secret, Eveillé said: "It's a way bigger consequence to a way bigger event that can only happen if you made it happen. Also, the cause and the consequence aren't on the same map!"

While Eveillé offered little more to point fans in the right direction, the developer's pinned tweet explains that he mainly worked on the level Updaam during the region's noon and afternoon time periods. Although that could easily be an irrelevant factor in uncovering the whereabouts of the secret, it may equally offer a good place to start.

According to the developer, when found, the secret should be pretty obvious to spot. "This secret thing isn't that hidden, it's actually very "on the nose" but is relying on a series of -not that obvious- odds," he says. So, if you're currently playing through Deathloop's storyline and find yourself rooted in a 'not so obvious' chain of events, keep an eye out for secrets hidden in plain sight - you might just make one Arkane developer's day.

So my main work on "DEATHLOOP" was on Updaam - Noon and Afternoon. @DanaENight then @Galiegor were in charge of Updaam Morning and Evening.

We worked with two lovely Level Artists: Gregoire Neyrand and David Di Giacomo.@Keranouille was Lighting Artist on that map. pic.twitter.com/6wdxfCsFMi

— Julien Eveillé (@PATALOON) September 22, 2021

For more on Arkane's latest masterpiece, make sure to check out this piece that explores how the game's original melee combat system was scrapped. Alternatively, if you're currently on the fence over whether or not to step onto the shores of Blackreef, then take a look at our Deathloop review, where we gave the game a 10/10.

Jared Moore is a freelance writer for IGN who can't stop kicking NPC's from high places. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...