What's new

CurtisBuckMaster: PermBan Appeal

Jan 2, 2012
Credits
Hello Aggression, I first want to apologize for my actions and offensive language towards staff and anyone who may have been offended at the time of my rant. I look back and wish I had never acted that childish, because I really enjoyed the server and I have had a hard time finding one as great as Aggression. I also want to apologize for threatening to down vote the server, that was just stupid to say because it isn't even possible. And I only said it out of anger, because I would not do it anyways.

I promise to never act that way again in game or on the forums, and I will try to help anyone that needs help. I really would like to rejoin Aggression because I believe it is the best server and I lost my opportunity because of my actions.

Thank you for reading this,

CurtisBuckMaster

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
You brass balls people just keep doing this shit don't you.

We don't allow threats to our server, staff, or players.

Staff decisions are final, if our staff make a decision, it's for a good reason. We don't do shit just to piss people off, we do shit because there's a good solid reason behind it, and while you may not realise that, it is there I assure you.

I also notice you got the spawn bases rule wrong.

It is actually

Rules said:
Spawn bases are not allowed. That is any base withing 64 blocks of a safe zone.

- Bases must not be visible from the spawn or rails at normal render distance which is roughly 64 blocks, or 4 chunks on /f map. Exceptions can be made at Admin Discretion for bases that are closer but are obscured by terrain. Bases that are exempt from this rule the faction owning the base must maintain the terrain to keep the base obscured.

I suggest you read the rules breakdown if you are unsure of the full set of Aggression rules

If you are ever unsure of a decision, just remember the following:

All our Admins know the rules back to front, because they wrote them.

Any decision made by Echo419, TheNoodle, Woody, Dakry, or M1 is final. If you think you have been unfairly dealt with, calmly PM the person who banned you to inquire as to why you were dealt with in that way.

I will unban you, however in the future I suggest you watch the way you act, I'm sick and tired of the attitude of BrassBalls players.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
The rails have been removed, yes, however I haven't heard anyone talk about changing the limitation on bases within 64 blocks of the spawn.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I brought up bumping up the spawn base rules to be 256 or 512 blocks from spawn, to allow newbies room to fight. Noone seemed to like it.

Paradox_

Level 21
Dec 15, 2011
Credits
Yea when i asked echo when he first set the lines he said that , that was the limit and could build bases there. @M1

Now thats just to far(both of them)

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
why not, 256 blocks away is a about an 90 second walk, so a minute and a half? 512 would be three minutes from spawn.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
well that is terrain, even with that it is still close enough, I mean 64 blocks is barely enough to be out of Bow Range if the base is high enough in the air. I came up with the number 64 for the spawn camp rule for the rails as it ensured that the rails should be just outside of bow range.

With the older spawn with no rails/paths, the spawn camp rule needs to be increased to give room to fight outside of spawn. as currently If I could get on good internet, I could make a base 64 blocks away from spawn, that goes up to skylimit, and harass people as as soon as they come out of Spawn.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
I don't think Tom or M1 understands. The spawn in the 1.7 spawn. The one that was around before and during BoN going NoM on Aggression.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
I don't think Tom or M1 understands. The spawn in the 1.7 spawn. The one that was around before and during BoN going NoM on Aggression.

Actually I played Aggression when the 1.7 spawn was around, so I do understand.

Spawn bases (64 blocks from spawn) are still disallowed, due to them being able to shoot people as they exit spawn (basically a permanent spawn camp)

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
remember 64 blocks was the idea to keep bases just out of bow range. so a base right at 64 blocks away if high enough can harass people as soon as they leave spawn. hence why I think it needs to be pushed back to give room to actually fight around spawn (thinking of newbies, they shouldn't have to deal with faction's bases right outside spawn)

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
remember 64 blocks was the idea to keep bases just out of bow range. so a base right at 64 blocks away if high enough can harass people as soon as they leave spawn. hence why I think it needs to be pushed back to give room to actually fight around spawn (thinking of newbies, they shouldn't have to deal with faction's bases right outside spawn)

I think 64 is fine. You may still be able to hit people, but if you can hit someone reliably at 64 blocks with lag....then you deserve the kill.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
I don't think Tom or M1 understands. The spawn is* the 1.7 spawn. The one that was around before and during BoN going NoM on Aggression.

HNNNNNNNG TYPO

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
There are spawn bases all around spawn and a warzone to prevent anyone from building too close. The rule is redundant as building closer would be plugin abuse.

Holy crap this is off topic.

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
Actually I played Aggression when the 1.7 spawn was around, so I do understand.

Spawn bases (64 blocks from spawn) are still disallowed, due to them being able to shoot people as they exit spawn (basically a permanent spawn camp)

There shouldn't be any discussion about this guy's base at spawn. The only places where bases aren't allowed are in the warzone, it's impossible to claim or build there anyway. If you ever go onto agression you will see a shitload of spawnbases now, the land is claimable and you can build on it, this guy's not in the wrong with the whole spawn base thing.

Also, the whole spawncamping thing you're talking about doesn't work. The problem isn't that people can shoot you from spawn, there is no spawn camping. Shooting an armored player at any distance a bunch of times won't reward you a kill, shooting from a base doesn't do much, you won't be able to trap people in spawn from a base, simple.

The problems with spawn bases are the aesthetics being terrible and people running and hiding in them when they're about to die, bows don't work that way.

Just sayin', this rule should be removed now or the server needs to be changed big time. (and in my opinion changing it will make spawnfighting worse and cause lots of qq and stir shit)

Also, this is off topic as fuck.