1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clan Victory to Merge with RMM

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Zhatt, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Zhatt

Zhatt Level 17

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Hello RMM,

The vote results are in and in a week's time Clan Victory should be working along side RMM. You can find the specifics of the vote here.

I'll let your ranking members give you the details on how this merge will affect your duties and roles, but from what's been discussed so far, Victory will become RMM's 6th battalion. This will be a special battalion and will likely be run a bit differently than the the first four, but note that users under the 6th will still be expected to operate with the same respect and honour that the others are expected to display.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about Victory, but please refer to your commanders to the specifics of our intended position. Also note that none of the specifics are set in stone until the final agreement is reached on November 7th when we officially join your ranks.

Tags:
  2. Gielnor

Gielnor Level 39

Credit:
    - ₹40.9
    Welcome to the Royal Minecraft Militia, Victory! As second-in-command of the 4th Engineer Battalion, my soldiers and I will be working with you quite a lot, especially in the first few weeks. We look forward to collaboration with one of the most prestigious architectural clans in Minecraft.

To all the people who were against merger due to losing their status as an independent clan, let me assure you that the loss is minor. While you are technically under the command of LuciferZ and iPope, I seriously doubt they will exert their power over you often. For all intents and purposes, you will still be an independent entity; you will simply be more tightly connected with the RMM and its resources.

3. Saiko

Saiko Level 1

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    You're definitely coming into open arms. Its funny, when I was considering what clan to join it came down to Victory and the RMM but I suppose whatever decision I made I'd somehow always be associated with the RMM.

4. Zhatt

Zhatt Level 17

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Thanks Saiko. I'm glad to see you here as your work on Victory's and Dysgalts servers has been an inspiration to me. Hope to working with you soon.

5. Narcisism

Narcisism Level 9

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    *pops the cork on a bottle of champagne, then sets it down on a table and moves his 17 yr. old self away from it. Picks up a bottle of sparkling grape juice and pops the cork on that for the Under-Drinking-Age people* Ladies and Gentlemen! I propose a toast! *pours himself a bit from the grape juice* To RMM, To Victory, and most importantly, to the leaders that worked to make the merger happen! *raises his glass to Zhatt, LuciferZ, iPope, and SteGriff*

6. PrincepsRegulus

PrincepsRegulus Level 32

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    I think this thread can be responded to in one word.

Huzzah!

7. Neechnoob

Neechnoob Level 27

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    From Jos application regarding Victory, 'nuff said =)

8. LuciferZ

LuciferZ Guest

Credit:
    Welcome, Victory! To all of you who voted to merge, thank you for putting your trust in us, and giving us this opportunity to revitalize your clan and enhance our own. To those of you who did not vote for the merge, I hope that you will stay with Victory, and I hope that we can convince you that this was a great decision!

When I first started playing minecraft, the community was fairly well established. There were two groups that I aspired to be in sometime, groups that were prestigious and respected on the Minecraft Forums: The Trusted Operators List and Victory. However, I didn't think I knew enough people in high places to get into either.

The RMM was founded by iPope, and I joined up, hoping that I could help make a clan just as respected. I also applied to Victory after getting to know their members on the Telesto servers. But my efforts in the RMM paid off, and I found myself climbing the ranks at astronomic speed. My time became dedicated to this clan, and my role in Victory was limited to ambassador duties and occasional visits. I did not do enough to contribute as Victory lost activity, and I hope that I can make up for that with this clan merge.

Going back to my early days of Minecraft, I have a good recollection of what I saw in Victory, and what most new players saw. I saw a body of players dedicated to a strong set of values: Skill, civility, and helpfulness. Great builders, respectful and mannerly players, and a will to undo griefing and stop wrongdoers. With half their members on the [TOL], I saw Victory as the most respected players in Minecraft.

With this merge, I do not want to lose that meaning. The RMM follows similar ideals, and within the RMM, Victory can represent a pinnacle of them. We (Being RMM high command) will do everything in our power to keep Victory an icon in the minecraft community, because anything great that you can do, will be an achievement for both Victory and the RMM as a whole.

As the 6th Victory Battalion, you will need a role and purpose, just as the other battalions have. My proposal is one that I hope you Victory'ans will approve of, since it harkens back to the early activities of your clan, but it is of course open to discussion.

The role I imagine for the 6th Victory Battalion is this: The RMM will be active in both server protection and clan warfare. We will work to kill the unsavory PvP players (Bandits, raiders, griefers) in public servers that request our aid, "Counter-griefing" as it were, fighting and killing these players until they leave of their own accord because fighting us and failing is no longer fun. We will fight 'evil' clans and clans that attack innocent populations. Such warfare will be long and drawn out, in all likelyhood damaging civilian infrastructure.

The end result is, after glorious RMM victory, the server that acted as a battleground will likely be damaged. Civilians that frequent the server will likely hate ALL clans, for the damage done to their homeland.

This is where the 6th Victory Battalion comes in. After combat is over, and our triumph is secured, the 6th will enter the server and utilize the resources provided by the 3rd to rebuild the server. Much like when Victory once entered griefed creative servers to repair the homes and buildings damaged. You can fix their homes, repair their roads, build a great monument, and help out the people native to the server as you see fit. It gives Victory a great purpose I think, that sticks to the ideals of the original clan, gives you ample opportunity to flex your architectural skills and gentlemanly natures, and still offers the RMM something as a whole. People will respect you and thereby respect us. They'll enlist in droves, whether it's to join the 6th and do good as you do, or one of our combat battalions to aid in the great fight against minecraft evil.

I hope you read that over and like it, as I quite enjoy the idea. I'd love to hear feedback, and your own ideas for a Victory'an cause. This is only the first item of our agenda regarding the merge. Points to cover that I know of are:

-Purpose of the Victory Battalion
    -Ranking of Victory Battalion members (Primarily the roles of Zhatt and Ste Griff)
    -Laying out the requirements for new members to join Victory Battalion
    -Documentation of the Victory Battalion (Description, forum materials, etc)
    -Going over everything one last time, the rules of the RMM, what you get, what we get, etc.

Welcome again, Victory. The Royal Minecraft Militia hopes you'll enjoy your stay ;D

9. Neechnoob

Neechnoob Level 27

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Let's hope LuciferZ never uses his great power of epic great speeches to commit murder and talk his way out of it. =3

10. Gielnor

Gielnor Level 39

Credit:
    - ₹40.9
    Oh, but you see, he already has.
    Replace "Royal Minecraft Militia" with "Aperture Science Enrichment Center" and there is your recipe for death. Slippery, acidic death.

11. Ten_Tacles

Ten_Tacles Level 42

Credit:
    - ₹85.9
    That was useless, pointless, and not even fun.
    I approve.

12. RealG

RealG Level 1

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Hello everyone. I was the second member of Victory, and attribute most of this to being in the right place at the right time. Victory has been the best group of people you could ask for in a clan, caring about having a good time and making sure others did too. We've had the hardest time as a clan: we've gone through 8 servers. But we're still here. The terms of LuciferZ are fair to all of us and we keep an identity (the main concern of the clan) with the self sustaining infrastructure of a large clan.

I bring with me the gift of spheres, ungriefing abilities, and everything I have learned from Omnimodus as well.

But one thing must be done very soon: the Minecraft Winter Olympics. More on that later.

13. SteGriff

SteGriff Level 2

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Hello Royal Minecraft Militia.

I am very proud of the RMM. Always the strongest, best organised, and fastest growing competitor to Victory, now we find ourselves a very part of your proud organisation. LuciferZ, your speech made me well up with nostalgia... I didn't know that Victory meant that much to people outside of its ranks.

The role you see for Victory is absolutely spot on, and I look forward to it, as well as learning your protocols and getting to know members. I hope I can be a positive contribution to the RMM.

Yours,
    Officer SteGriff of the 6th Victory Battalion.

14. Zhatt

Zhatt Level 17

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Here is the current, unsigned, draft of our agreement to terms for the merge. Victory and RMM alike should review this and bring up any issues they have.

[​IMG]
    Click here for full-size

On the 7th, this charter will be signed and Victory will become the 6th battalion of RMM.

15. izacque

izacque Level 37

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    LC first class? Why?

16. Gielnor

Gielnor Level 39

Credit:
    - ₹40.9
    They've already proven themselves in one clan. No reason they should drop just for being pulled into a new one I guess.

17. RealG

RealG Level 1

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    I'd suggest an amendment allowing us to recruit directly into our battalion. It would be subject to our approval as well as that of Command, but it was the main method of recruitment for Victory: some of our most prominent members have come out from this system.

And maybe [REDACTED] should cause Victory to become battalion 5 instead of 6, as to improve secrecy regarding [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]'s battalion number should be exchanged with Victory's.

18. Aexis Rai

Aexis Rai Level 1

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Nice charter there, Zhatt.

Regarding 6: I think it would be that much more representative of our objective and our values if either "maintain" there is understood to at least partially mean "repair" in a degriefing sense, or the word "repair" is explixitly added.

Regarding 7: Though you've already left recruitment "to the discretion" of us, it might be worth it to make known that a community-oriented mentality and a spirit of teamwork and success are as vital to Victory'ans as architecture skills.

Other than those items I see no problems with the charter as it stands.

EDIT: As I was typing, G posted above me. Those are both good ideas, G.

19. Arizon

Arizon Level 23

Credit:
    - ₹21.0
    6th Battalion is a fine title.
    Everyone will ask why there is the space and we will give them no answer which is better then actual knowledge. If they make asses out of their own umptions then it addes even more mystery. Everyone assumes that Area 51, Military secrets, secret goverment funded organization and other things exist but lack of proof is always there. They don't know who, they don't know why but something did happen and Yes that was just a Weather Balloon or some marsh gas in minecraft.

20. izacque

izacque Level 37

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    apparently, 5th's existence isn't supposed to be a secret. everything else is, though! :3

21. Zhatt

Zhatt Level 17

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Just as Gielnor said, but note that no one in the 6th will be issuing orders to anyone outside of the 6th any time soon. I may also immediately "demote" one or two specific new members to Victory to reflect their experience.

I actually prefer having all recruits go though RMM's recruitment first. When we start actively advertising ourselves again, we could get a lot of applicants and I'm not interested in constantly evaluating anyone who wants to join Victory and having to remove them if they don't meet our expectations. RMM has all the same basic standards and if someone dosn't make the Victory cut, then they still remain as part of of RMM.

Now if you're talking about hand-picking users for our clan, I'd would like to implement some sort of fast-track system for applicants to state they are interested in 6th and I'm sure a recommendation from a officer inside Victory would move things along even faster.

Not to mention I'm sure any applicants going though RMM first wouldn't feel very good knowing others were taking a direct route.

What do you mean? I thought 5th battalion were all KIA in that cow canon strike back in March, God rest their souls ;)

Sure, I could clarify that.

I might be able to work that in, but I don't want to go in to detail regarding testing/recruitment in the charter as it's not really pertinent. I think I'll just simplify it to say that we will conduct our own tests of eligibility, whatever they may be, so we can work out the details as so go.[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to review and feel free to argue me on the above points.

Edit:
    How's this:

6) The 6th battalion's "Mission Statement" within the RMM will be to build, maintain and repair, for the most part, civilian structures with the highest degree of craftsmanship and architectural skill.

7) No new recruit may apply directly to the 6th battalion. Servicemen must spend a reasonable amount of time serving in either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th battalion before applying for the 6th, whereupon the applicant will be run though an evaluation which standards will be set to the discretion of the ranking members of the 6th battalion.

22. Gielnor

Gielnor Level 39

Credit:
    - ₹40.9
    Perhaps you could have a process where applicants wishing to go directly to Victory must first serve a probation of several days/weeks within the 4th Battalion, since we focus on architecture as well and can act as preliminary judges and references for the 6th: a filter, if you will.

23. Ten_Tacles

Ten_Tacles Level 42

Credit:
    - ₹85.9
    The 5th is not a secret.
    But its fun to pretent its not there.

If you check our post in the MC forums, you can see that the battalions 1 to 5 are listed, but it only says that there IS a 5th, but not what it does.

24. Zhatt

Zhatt Level 17

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    I'm going to start organizing the battalion structure.

PM me if you're active and interested in leading a squad. Squad leaders will promoted to rank Sergeant and have a chance of gaining higher rank if they preform well.

Also, if you would like to be in a squad with someone in particular, please notify me of your preference.

25. RealG

RealG Level 1

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    My connection precludes me at the moment from leading a squad but as soon as the connection is fixed I will gladly nominate myself.

26. Zhatt

Zhatt Level 17

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    I'll keep you in mind if your situation improves.

Remember everyone, this Sunday is Victory's one-year anniversary and official merge with RMM. We should have some sort of ceremony in the SMP server. In any case, I'll be on all day.

27. EmpiresBane

EmpiresBane Level 20

Credit:
    - ₹20.2
    I'm glad to see that Victory and 3rd will be working together on repairs. I've always wanted to build like you guys, but typically fail at grand structures. Hopefully I can learn a few things from you guys, and maybe even impress you at my abilities in mining. (Until, of course, you realize that I'm easily entertained by holding down a button for hours.)

28. Gielnor

Gielnor Level 39

Credit:
    - ₹40.9
    I offer my services as Head Chaplain of the RMM Holy Order for any ceremony Victory and High Command deem necessary. I'm sure several of my deacons would like to serve as well should the situation require it.

29. Aexis Rai

Aexis Rai Level 1

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    I unfortunately won't be there for the beginning of the ceremony if it starts at noon EST. Church.

Well, I prepared for this. If you don't move the time, which you don't need to, and thus I don't show up until 2-3 hours after, I want you guys to have this. It's a text doc containing two songs I wrote lyrics for, for Victory, for the purposes of something such as this. Since I probably won't be there at or around 5 GMT, someone else (perhaps Zhatt, Ste, RealG, or the RMM clergy) could lead the singing.

(They're really just modifications of "I don't know but I've been told" and "The Star-Spangled Banner".)

I really hope someone takes video of this ceremony.

And if by some chance I do get in at around 2 EST, I'm ready in my RMM best.

30. Shadowshot

Shadowshot Level 37

Credit:
    - ₹3.2
    Today's the day!

Hopefully you guys will enjoy it here :)

31. Knuk

Knuk Level 1

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    I couldn't connect to smp! D:
    Did the ip changed?

32. SteGriff

SteGriff Level 2

Credit:
    ₹0.0
  33. Zhatt

Zhatt Level 17

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    We're restarting the server. Will be back up any second now.

Edit: It's up now.

34. WolfBlacker

WolfBlacker Level 0

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    It did not help much, at least for me. I had an extreme case of lag, and I don't have any idea why. Pity that I wasn't able to attend to the ceremonies properly.

35. Shadowshot

Shadowshot Level 37

Credit:
    - ₹3.2
    I'm pretty sure what we did get done, is on video. However it was interrupted so, lol.

36. minomano1234

minomano1234 Level 0

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Zhatt, do you know of this 'fifth battalion?' Cause, I have no iDea (Apple pun intended... sorry...)
    Thanks in advance

37. Zhatt

Zhatt Level 17

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Fifth battalion? We don't normally talk about that. They all died in combat when they entered an enemy fort and the sand floor gave way. The entire battalion fell into a lava pit, screaming for what seemed like hours while we attempted a rescue. Alas, we were fended off my a barrage of arrows and were unable to save anyone. May they rest in peace and may we never speak of them again. :(

38. PrincepsRegulus

PrincepsRegulus Level 32

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    Minomano, if you have questions about the clan in general, you should PM lucifer or iPope. You should not go ask on a random, unrelated thread.

39. A_crazed_Hobo

A_crazed_Hobo Level 30

Credit:
    ₹25.0
    When will/did this merge happen?

40. Ten_Tacles

Ten_Tacles Level 42

Credit:
    - ₹85.9
    It already happend on the 7th this month. So exactly a week ago.

41. A_crazed_Hobo

A_crazed_Hobo Level 30

Credit:
    ₹25.0
    Oh, would've been cool to wear my formal clothes. :D

42. Knuk

Knuk Level 1

Credit:
    ₹0.0
    aah I don't have victory part pass D: