What's new

Ban Appeal

ItsAaronLad

Level 1
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
I was banned for apparently advertising another server by The_Noodle was it? i cant remember.

Anyway sigmatik was asking me for said servers ventrilo details so /msgd him the servers website and told him where to find it, i was on the internet and not paying attention to minecraft or the chat so im not sure what the noodle said to me. All i saw was Itsaaron what did i just say and i was banned so im not sure if i screwed up the /msg and if it wasnt i didnt think /msg would count as advertising since he asked me for the details. Im really sorry about this Please unban me :(

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
1) SacredLabyrinth is a server, giving out vent details for a server is advertising.

2) You were warned.

[06:12] <@Noodle> Itsaaronlad, advertising other servers is against the server rules.

[06:13] <@Noodle> doing so again will earn you a permenant ban.

3) You then messaged a player with the url to the main site of a server. Now tell me, how is that not advertising?

ItsAaronLad

Level 1
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
I was on the internet and i didnt see the warning! i was clicking on and off minecraft and by mentioning the server isnt that advertising on your part?

suckmybullet

Level 0
Aug 14, 2011
Credits
Did he he use /msg to "advertise" this server?

If he is talking about Sigmatik trying to get the vent details, then Aaron should of giving it to him because he deleted the ventrilo ip by mistake and needed our website to get the ventrilo thread. On the other hand If he said it out loud then that is a different story,If he did I don't think It should be a perm for advertising it. What about 5 days or so?

ItsAaronLad

Level 1
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
Well it wasnt intentionally out loud as i said before i was going on and off minecraft so i wasnt concentrating. I dont get how /msg is advertising and he ASKED me for it so i gave it to him

its not like i said the name of the server in caps in global chat i w

--- merged: Aug 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM ---

And how could i see the first warning if i wasnt on minecraft at the time?

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
As I have already said, it's not our responsibility to make sure you read chat. Also, there is a blanket ban on advertising, ie, in any form. I don't care why you were distributing details for another server. Fact is, you were.

ItsAaronLad

Level 1
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
I never got banned on any other server for giving ventrilo details in their private message feature so why would this one be any different? And i dont think i said it in global and if i did i didnt mean too.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
You said in global, I wasn't the only person that warned you. And why is this server any different? Because that's how we choose to do things, rules on other servers don't actually apply.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
Point is you went about this the wrong way. Let's look at Strife shall we? He knows he can't give out details to a non-affiliated minecraft or voip server. So instead he starts using one of our public servers. Simple.

ItsAaronLad

Level 1
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
OK... i get it i shouldnt have posted it in the chat in any way shape or form, but since he asked me is it still considered advertising? not trying to be a smart arse or anything.

ItsAaronLad

Level 1
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
ok, im really sorry and it wont happen again.. Please unban me this server is awesome i love all the pvp! I wont do it again i promise

Aug 6, 2011
Credits
You may wanna ban his alt account cod_addict.

I have a confession as well. Im CoD_Addict also FORMER xrayer.

I love this server and when i got banned i actually had nothing to do. I found out i wasnt ip banned so i tried to convince my parents to buy me another one but i wasnt as lucky as Nathan above me.

Instead i won a competition on youtube after 2 months of trying! Ive made so many friends on this server... Georgio... Oj... i get where darth is coming from if he was caught concealing us he would get punished as well... But i would like to say none of us have used xray on these accounts.

I know how strict this server is about xray so theres most likely 0 chance of unban so id just like to congratulate you guys on having an awesome server and keep it up! Ill try and keep in touch with the guys i was closest with if youll still talk to me... I just loved this server...

Well thats all.. Its been a blast thanks guys!!

Aaron.
-said by its aaronlad

If you want the URL I can pm you. Like nathan I don't know your policies of XRAYing on different servers however, he IS a former hacker.