What's new

Animated Texts!

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Yes Firefox 4 is buggy (Doesn't like my secondary monitor for some reason) But hey, previous new versions have been buggy and have been fixed up.

Personally I don't trust Chrome due to Google's main revenue being Advertisements and information gathering.

(Been proudly using Firefox since 2005)

Edit: Also looking at it, HTML5 has only just been released for people to try, it seems it will only be recommended by 2014. so it seems there is plenty of time for other browsers to get going.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
I did use Firefox previously, and was happy to install it on every user's computer I fixed, however since Chrome has come out I've been with them, and to be honest in comparing processor usage, physical memory usage, and general look/feel, I feel that Chrome is by far the superior browser. I do have Firefox installed as it is still the superior browser for some things (mostly Firebug, also one or two sites don't support Chrome), but overall I enjoy Chrome more.

I'm not terribly concerned about Chrome's information gathering possibilities, because to be honest I couldn't care less if they know what I like to read.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Heh, looks like we have hijacked this thread. I do agree Chrome does seem to handle resources better. Ive tested it with my home systems here. My systems with lower specs Chrome does run better then Firefox 3, Opera seems to beat both of them however. (I haven't tried these systems with Firefox 4 yet)

Now I don't work on customer's systems like you do, so i know you have a much larger range for testing, but here are the systems I have tested Firefox vs Chrome on. Its interesting the results :D

Dual PIII 600MHz, 2GB RAM: Preferred Firefox

Celeron (Prescott P4 based) 3.2GHz, 512MB RAM: Preferred Chrome

Celeron (Northwood P4 based) 2.6GHz, 1GB RAM: Preferred Firefox

P4 1.5GHz, 256MB RAM: Preferred Chrome

P4 2.8GHz w/HT, 1GB RAM: Preferred Firefox

P4m 2.8GHz, 512MB RAM: Chrome ran better, but for some reason this laptop preferred videos on Firefox ( I don't get why :/ )

Core i5 3.2GHz, 4GB RAM: Couldn't tell a difference in performance between the two :p

Kuro

Level 22
Feb 18, 2011
Credits
Backgroundgradientblack i made one myself! but it doesnt look as cool as your b/c you dont have a background behind it lol i just used photobucket xD

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
I find that Chrome performs a LOT better when systems have lower RAM and/or processor power, however once you start getting to the higher levels of computers Firefox outperforms it because you no longer care about its resource usage, and rather about its actual usability.

To be honest though, I just like the way Chrome looks, it feels cleaner.

Kuro

Level 22
Feb 18, 2011
Credits
I find that Chrome performs a LOT better when systems have lower RAM and/or processor power, however once you start getting to the higher levels of computers Firefox outperforms it because you no longer care about its resource usage, and rather about its actual usability.

To be honest though, I just like the way Chrome looks, it feels cleaner.

that is EXACTLY how i feel!