What's new

Aggravate - Banned Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggravate

Level 32
Oct 14, 2010
Credits
Was having a friendly conversation with Dannie and called him a nigr, once. (He showed no problem with this and no one voiced any complaint in the... 20 seconds or so it took him to respond so...)

Only rule I can think of that says anything about this is

Excessively expressing offence language is refused to be appropriate. This includes Faction Tags.

- We are tolerant of light insults and racism but anything that is constant and considered heavily offensive may result in further punishment. Swearing, racism and typical inappropriate words of all languages are forbidden from faction tags.

If not even spelling the word correctly and saying it only once in a friendly manner isn't light I don't think this even needs to be in the rules.

I would have understood this if it had been even 5-6 times but once?

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
Basically, I had warned you once and informed you after your using it twice that were it to appear again, I will ban you. You then proceed to create a group called Nigerians. Out of diplomacy I let this go because all though you are only creating it in order to annoy myself and others, there is nothing I can base that on solidly. Once again you used Nigr, I missed it. Second time you used it again. I banned you. And that way, in my mind, you're staying until you grow up and stop being ignorant and annoying. You can stay banned.

Dakry.

Aggravate

Level 32
Oct 14, 2010
Credits
I created the group Nigerians because I was kicked from the RMM, the only reason I called it Nigerians was because it was the first thing to come to mind, also I only remember saying Nigr twice, once where you issued the warning and another time when talking with Dannie.

Also I see no reason why your calling me things like Muppet, and Ignorant, I don't think we need this to turn into some kind of personal assault on my person.

With that out of the way, thank you for your time reviewing my ban appeal, and I ask that you please update the rules to reflect this new policy of No Insults / Racism.

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
I'm not going to begin this argument as your trolling is getting old and irratating instead of funny. I'm going to have a chat with Noodle and take it from there.

Aggravate

Level 32
Oct 14, 2010
Credits
What argument? this thread is done, you appealed the ban and it should have been closed, also I don't see what trolling your talking about, I appealed the ban, you replied, I replied explaining some things and thanking you for your time.

It's pretty much a closed deal from there, you may lock this thread if you wish as it is done.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Aggravate you of all people should understand how we respond to racism. No matter how many semantics you pull out, Nigr is unacceptable in any situation outside of a private PM with someone who treats it as a joke.

EricExtreme

Level 30
Staff member
Jul 20, 2011
Credits
well, we have the most ouragious and funny person on the server (aggravate) and one of the most unbiost, calm guys i know ( Dakry) now, i wont disagree with anyone. but, aggravate does say Nigr or any other synonym for the word "friend" on the server almost all the times he rarely gets on. seeing as he only said it a few times AND in a lengthy timespan, i dont think he should have gotten banned. but seeing as Dakry WARNED him. i do think a 1 day or 1 week ban would be put in place.

also, seeing as i am nor admin or mod or even a mediator, i probably shouldn't express my thoughts here. but knowing me, i have to take my side to anything and everything that goes on. Especially when the oldest mod gets banned.

Dakry, your side was seen from the stand point of "please stop. you may offend people"

Aggravate your side being seen from "I do this as a Troll, i do not mean any of it"

oh! and guys...a great man once said "SAME TEEM!"

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
I suggest an auto-kick for the term "nigr."

Problem solved.

(Let's also remove /me while we're at it)

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Easily bypassed by actually typing it out correctly.

(Inb4 I get banned for quoting ***r, again avoiding the massive mad).

If we autokicked "Nigr" we would also obviously autokick all other ways of spelling it, but we don't want to go down this path preferably. Can't you guys just not use racist terms?

I don't care what you do privately, just keep it out of our server chat

Aggravate

Level 32
Oct 14, 2010
Credits
If we autokicked "Nigr" we would also obviously autokick all other ways of spelling it, but we don't want to go down this path preferably. Can't you guys just not use racist terms?

I don't care what you do privately, just keep it out of our server chat

My brilliant plans have been squandered again....

Also something in the rules (Aggression, not BoN) should reflect this if your really going for a 0 tolerance measure on racist remarks.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Aggression is a part of BoN, but fine I'll take time out of my already busy day to move some rules over that say something which everyone should already know, just by being decent human beings.

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
I have less of a problem with racist remarks and more of a problem of you going out of your way to annoy people and troll on a server that really needs none of it. I not only warned you but a thread has also been made about this and you are under warnings anyway, thus your removal from moderation.

You have pushed myself, and all admins, whenever you have had the chance. I don't stand for people like that and thus when I can do something about it, I do. Tough luck buddy but I have no time for "games" from you. I would rather deal with Charles.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Necropost, on a ban appeal, with no fucking relevance. This is your first warning, next time it'll be a week-long ban. Please read the rules and look at post times and use common fucking sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.