What's new

A Bit of a Holiday Gift for Bowl of Noodles

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
At this point, the holidays are obviously upon us. With everything going on, I began thinking that maybe doing something to thanks BoN for everything they've done for the server. So, after coming up with an idea, I began to work on it. The result was an Aggression mod, including a few new features and many more to come.

Before I go on, I apologize if any skins are not exactly that of the person it is used for. On that note, if anybody has a skin of somebody on the server who could be considered popular, I'll add them in if you provide it. If you do not like how a certain faction or person has a mob while you don't, it is probably because their skin was easier to get. Please note that I haven't been spending a long time on this, so the skins or textures chosen might not be the greatest. :p

I will say that this mod has not been polished yet, and may not be of the highest quality until I have added in all that needs to be added in. At that point, I'll go back and make everything better. Obviously, other people, blocks, and items are coming to make a single player environment appear similar to Aggression!

At the moment, the mod includes the following features:

- RMM militia fighters! These fighters patrol in small groups of 2-3, and are equipped with stone axes.

- The Noodle! At the moment, Noodle fires arrows extremely quickly, and has 100 hearts of health. Good luck.

- Mercenaries! After crafting a 'Faction Emblem', you can begin to spawn yourself mercenaries. These have 10 hearts, fight with a bow, and will attempt to kill any mobs in the area. They are friendly to you though.

- The Faction Emblem, used to spawn mercenaries, is crafted by putting 1 gold ingot in the center, and 1 leather below it.

- M1_Mercenary has now been added in! Be careful when fighting him. He doesn't cause as much damage as Tom and Noodle, but will cause a massive explosion on death!

- CurlyPhillio is now in! Curly doesn't do a lot of damage, but will poison you just like a cave spider.

- Marko is now in! Marko is still a work in progress, but will be an interesting mob to fight when finished. For now, it's low damage and health.

- Garfield! Garfield will fight you with a bow, and he fires 3 times as fast as skeletons!

- Tom! Tom is as, if not more, dangerous than Noodle. What he loses by having 12 & 1/2 less hearts than Noodle, he makes up for by shooting fireballs! Be careful around forests!

- Tanja! Tanja is a bit tougher than Mercenaries and RMM Militia, with 25 hearts instead of 10. If you manage to kill Tanja though, you'll recieve gold ingots.

That's all the features for now! More to come soon!

UqGL1

Zpz89

Before I give everyone the link, I'd just like to remind everyone that this was all made to thank Bowl of Noodles. If you get a chance, thank all of them for Aggression! :)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8wdi71112qap9d7

Edit: Also, requires modloader. Just drop into the mods file.

Paradox_

Level 21
Dec 15, 2011
Credits
One word for this, COOL. Anyways you should add scouge Mobs with the leader Exeal spawning and fighting RMM members, also add me (Roman's Paradox095) with hatter to build and fight them and stuff. Aslo another major faction is USSR so make them in the neather with diamond armor. Aslo add Mexican War Fare 2 to attack anyone. And ummm hmmm, add an Echo mob that will fight too.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Ehh, You'd be suprised. I don't know the name of their skins (or yours), or anything else about them. Therefore, I can't find the skin to put on the mob.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Paradox, if you want them, it would be best to do what AWhite__Guy suggested. :p

Anyways, I'm working on Tom and Tanja at the moment.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
You need a M1 mob that is rare.. but not sure if you can make a mob that randomly places TNT and detonates it or attacks using TNT explosions :p

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Are you able to set NPCs to patrol bases? If so have a kind of dungeon raid with treasure hidden behind layers and layers of tunnels filled with various mobs. Make the base a copy of a specific faction's base and have the faction defend it against the server with the NPCs.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
As I've said, I need the skin to add people in.

Anyways, while your idea is interesting Cub, there's a lot that goes into each faction base. If I tried to completely recreate a faction base as a part of world generation, it could take a long time just to finish small bits of it.